Founded in 1945, the Toronto Vegetarian Association is a volunteer-driven charitable organization governed by an elected board of directors.
Our mission – To inspire people to choose a healthier, greener, more compassionate lifestyle through plant-based eating.
Our vision – We envision a world where people think critically about their food choices, where growing numbers of businesses, community groups, and organizations inspire people to make healthier, greener, more compassionate choices, and where nutritious, sustainable plant-based foods are accessible to all.
Our values – The Toronto Vegetarian Association will operate in a way that:
- Promotes the health of people, non-human animals, and the environment
- Provides expert information as Toronto’s go to resource for all things veg
- Supports those interested in exploring plant-based living
- Celebrates Toronto’s diversity and is respectful of people from all backgrounds
- Embraces our grassroots, volunteer-driven history
- Is fiscally responsible and forward-thinking
- Is socially responsible and eco-friendly
- Shows its appreciation of the contributions made by volunteers and staff
- Engages our stakeholders & audiences in constructive dialogue
Support our work – Charitable donations fund all of our work and enable us to inspire people to choose a healthier, greener, more peaceful lifestyle. Please join us as we work towards a better world!