We’re hiring: Impact and Giving Coordinator!
Job Opportunity: Impact and Giving Coordinator, Toronto Vegetarian Association
The Toronto Vegetarian Association (TVA) is a very inclusive, pro-vegan, non-profit organization that inspires people to choose a healthier, greener, more compassionate plant-based lifestyle. As we continue to evolve and grow, our goal is to be as innovative and ahead of the curve in 2021 as we were in 1945 when we were founded.
To support our mission and vision we are growing our team to include an Impact & Giving Coordinator (IGC), who will be responsible for revenue generation and fundraising efforts in the areas of impact and giving for the TVA. We are seeking an engaging individual who thrives in a dynamic role, can collaborate effectively and can build and deepen relationships and community. The successful candidate will have their finger on the pulse of the vegan movement, informing our programs and keeping our work current and relevant.
To thrive in this role, the IGC must be social media savvy and act as a TVA brand champion. We need an individual who is as comfortable writing a blog post as they are writing a petition or speaking to the value and impact of donations to a prospective donor.
The successful candidate will be the point of contact for our community of members, donors and volunteers. They will coordinate the end-to-end giving process, from growth and revenue, to engagement, retention and administration. They will play a key role in growing our program, advocacy and gifting revenue streams through campaign management, supporter relations and impact research. We are looking for a candidate with excellent communication skills both oral and written and ability to provide an exceptional customer service experience to our community and supporters.
The IGC must be a team player, supporting the Executive Director, TVA Team, Board and Committees as we work together to improve our organization and grow our impact. We are a small, but growing staff team, akin to a startup-type environment. Responding to inquiries, processing payments, renewals, tax receipts and ordering supplies, are part of the role. We roll up our sleeves here and get things done. The IGC must be a self-starter with an open, growth-oriented mindset. We believe in providing opportunities for enrichment and career progression.
We are looking to hire someone who identifies as vegan.
TYPE OF POSITION
This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week) contract (one year term) position with a salary range of $38,000 – 42,000 annually. Compensation also includes 3 weeks of paid vacation and health and dental benefits.
Candidates must be based in the Toronto area, but may work virtually from home during the pandemic as required with further opportunities for flexibility and a hybrid working arrangement.
- College or University degree in a related field such as Marketing, Business, Communications, Journalism, Non-Profit Management, and/or 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Has developed and operationalized effective growth strategies for an organization that have resulted in an increase in customers and customer satisfaction.
- Has led successful fundraising campaigns that have generated increased financial support for an organization.
- Has built donor and customer relationships and tracked these relationships in relationship management software.
- Has used social media in a business capacity to effectively engage with supporters (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Website).
- Has created and supported marketing, public relations, and/or fundraising campaigns.
- Has proven ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and individuals with diverse backgrounds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current trends and opportunities in the vegan movement.
- Knowledge of different vegan communities and businesses within Southwestern Ontario.
- Knowledge of current community challenges and opportunities, particularly for those under 28.
- Knowledge of best practices in communications and marketing.
- Knowledge of project management and ability to execute under pressure to ensure that resources are allocated and used efficiently.
- Ability to seek out opportunities that can build on the organization’s mission, take it in meaningful new directions, and strengthen its network.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector.
- Experience in program and event planning (in-person, virtual).
- Demonstrates an understanding of connections between the vegan movement and other social justice movements.
As a value and principle driven organization, TVA is dedicated to diversity in our hiring and to maintaining an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable bringing their whole self to work and feel valued for who they are.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than 8:00am on Tuesday May 25, 2021. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.