Grilled Vegetable Eggplant Rollups
Care of Andrea Howe at www.glowingongreens.com
- 1 eggplant, 1/4” sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, 1/4” sliced length wise
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 block tofu
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 bunch basil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- salt and pepper
Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking dish with parchment paper. Salt the eggplant and lay it flat to extract moisture.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with olive oil. Add garlic, red pepper, zucchini, and asparagus. Sauté 5 minutes, until slightly browned.
3. Place tofu, lemon juice, basil, and seasoning into food processor and pulse until crumbly.
4. Prepare roll ups by placing marinara sauce over eggplant slices, followed by grilled vegetables, and tofu ricotta. Roll and place in a baking dish.
5. Prepare cheese sauce by placing ingredients in blender and blending until smooth. Pour extra marinara over roll ups followed by cheese sauce.
6. Place in oven for 20 minutes, or until tender.