Mushroom Millet Pilaf
Care of Amy Symington of ameliaeats.com
Makes 6 servings
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 5 cups sliced oyster, shiitake, cremini mushrooms
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cooked millet (use vegetable stock in lieu of water for extra flavour)
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
1. In a large sauté pan, over medium high heat add grapeseed oil. Once heated add mushrooms and sauté until brown, about 5-7 minutes.
2. Next add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
3. Next add cooked millet and thyme and incorporate. Sauté for another 2 minutes until millet is warmed through.
4. Season with apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.