Blackberry Pear Overnight Buckwheat
Care of Ashley Sauve
Move over overnight oats, there’s a new kid in town! This recipe is easy to throw together the night before, and makes for a quicker, healthier morning. Serves 1
- 1/3 cup raw buckwheat groats
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup frozen blackberries (or mixed berries)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- ½ pear, sliced
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
1. In a small bowl, cover the buckwheat with 3 inches of water, let soak 6-12 hours. Drain and rinse well to remove gelatinous coating.
2. In a blender, combine almond milk, frozen berries and maple syrup and blend until smooth.
3. In your container of choice (mason jars work well) combine rinsed buckwheat with blended berry milk and mix well. Top with pears and fresh blackberries. Store in fridge overnight and enjoy in the morning!