Roasted Fiddleheads in a Fresh Cilantro Chutney
Care of Amy Symington
Make 6-8 servings
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb fiddleheads
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, washed and stems trimmed
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Thoroughly wash fiddleheads, remove any brown ends and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, add the fiddleheads and drizzle 2 tbsp of oil over them. Toss the fiddleheads until they are coated in oil.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, evenly distribute the fiddleheads.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor puree the remaining oil, cilantro, lime juice and zest and jalapeno together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the fiddleheads are roasted, toss together with the chutney in a large salad bowl and serve.