Fresh bowl with pomegranate & ginger vinaigrette
Care of Amy Symington
Makes 4-6 portions
- 1/2 cup unsweetened concentrated pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, pureed
Fresh bowl ingredients:
- 350 g organic firm tofu, sliced into ½ inch thick triangles
- 4-6 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 1 large red pepper, julienned
- 2 small beets, grated
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 cups cabbage (any kind), thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh basil, stemmed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stemmed
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened concentrated pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp oil (flax, walnut, avocado are good options)
- 1 small clove garlic, pureed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, pureed
- Pinch sea salt
In a medium bowl mix together marinade ingredients. Add tofu. Allow to marinade for at least 15 minutes or more.
Place tofu evenly on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and drizzle the remaining marinade over top. Bake in the oven at 375F for 30 minutes.
In the meantime, prep your fresh bowl ingredients for assembly. Next, in a small bowl add dressing ingredients and whisk together.
For assembly it is recommended to place about 1 cup of either quinoa or brown rice in the bottom of the bowl first and then neatly arrange remaining toppings as desired. Top with the baked tofu. Place pomegranate and ginger vinaigrette on the side or directly on to the fresh bowl and serve.