TVA volunteer Susan Nobleman also has a recipe to share for Tofu Scramble.
- ½ block organic firm or extra-firm tofu (packed in water)
- Very small amount of oil for sautéing (I use coconut oil, approx 2 tsp.)
- Small onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 rib celery, chopped in small pieces
- Any colourful veggies on hand, e.g.: peppers, zucchini, mushrooms
- Mrs. Dash
- 1 tomato or several bite-size heirloom tomatoes, chopped roughly
In a non-stick pan on medium heat, heat the oil. Sauté the garlic, celery and onions until the onions are translucent. Meanwhile, rinse the tofu block, cut in half and crumble onto a large dinner plate. Store the remainder covered in water in an airtight container, save for another meal. Add the veggies of your choice, sauté lightly, keeping the veggies crunchy. Add the crumbled tofu and stir fry until the tofu is lightly browned.
Flavouring: Add a good shake of Mrs. Dash, a lighter shake of cumin and enough turmeric to colour the tofu yellow. Stir fry a short while longer. Add the tomatoes, leave on burner for only a couple more minutes.