Care of Amy Symington of ameliaeats.com
Makes 12 servings
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 small onions, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 medium carrots, diced
5 stalk celery, diced
2 tbsp cumin
2 tbsp paprika
3 large potatoes, diced
3 cups tomatoes, diced
1L vegetable stock or water
3 cups corn niblets, about 2 cobs of corn
1 (400ml) can coconut milk
2 limes zested and juiced
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp cayenne (optional)
Tempeh chorizo (see recipe below)
½ cup thinly sliced chives
1. In a large stock pot over medium high heat add oil. Once heated add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Next add garlic, carrots, and celery and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Add cumin and paprika and sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
4. Next incorporate potatoes and tomatoes.
5. Deglaze pot with veg stock or water and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are soft, about15 minutes.
6. Next add corn niblets and cook for about 2 minutes or until niblets are tender.
7. Stir in coconut milk, lime zest and juice and season with salt, pepper and cayenne (if using).
8. Remove from heat. Top with chives and a sprinkle of tempeh chorizo (See recipe) and serve.
1 (400g) block of tempeh, crumbled
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 tbsp tamari
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl thoroughly combine all ingredients until tempeh is completely coated. Place on to baking sheet and bake in oven until fragrant, about 10 minutes.