Care of Andrea Howe – www.glowingongreens.com
Makes 25-30 squares
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup cashews, soaked and drained
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (optional)
1. Cover cashews in water and soak overnight, or soak in hot water for 2 hours to fast track.
2. Grease a baking dish with coconut oil and set aside.
3. In a food processor, add walnuts, almonds and cocoa powder. Pulse until crumbly. Add the pitted dates, water, and salt, and process until it’s fully combined. Add more water if it does not come together.
4. Remove from the food processor and place in a baking dish, pressing down to form a 1” layer. Place in freezer.
5. Add soaked cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla to food processor. Process until it reaches a creamy consistency. Add raspberries and process for 30 seconds.
6. Add cheesecake onto the brownie layer and ensure it’s spread evenly. Place in freezer for 2 hours.
7. Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Drizzle onto frozen cheesecake, and place back into freezer.
8. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.