Social Media Intern (Paid)
Toronto Vegetarian Association
Position Overview: The Toronto Vegetarian Association is seeking an enthusiastic Social Media Intern to assist with our social media efforts for the 5th Annual Veggielicious event. Veggielicious is our annual culinary event highlighting vegan prix fixe menus and specials at participating restaurants across the GTA. For more information, visit veggielicious.ca.
The Social Media Intern’s primary role is to support the Festival & Events Coordinator by creating, planning and executing social media posts and advertisements, as well as assist in overall promotional efforts related to the Veggielicious event. This internship is designed to be learning based with an opportunity for professional development by working alongside the Festival & Events Coordinator and other staff members.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create social content by working with participating businesses and partners
- Utilize photography and copy writing skills when creating social content
- Post content to the Veggielicious and Toronto Vegetarian Association social media channels
- Ensure our paid social media advertisements are being scheduled and executed
- Assist in the lead-up and execution of the Veggielicious Launch Event
- Assist in delivering and distributing promotional materials
- Strong organization skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Demonstrated photograph and copy writing skill
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative programs: Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator
- Experience applying advertising and marketing techniques
- Strong customer service skills
- Outgoing and personable
- Enrolled in or have completed a College or University degree in a pertinent field, including Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Social Media Marketing, Event Marketing or Graphic Design.
- Experience managing personal or professional Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook page accounts.
- Looking to pursue a career focused on Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Social Media Marketing, Graphic Design, Photography, Fundraising or an overall Non-profit environment.
- A passion for the Toronto Vegetarian Association and its mission: living a healthier, greener, more compassionate lifestyle.
- Must follow a vegetarian diet (free of meat, fish and poultry or the flesh of any animal)
This internship will begin with hands-on orientation session about TVA and its social media marketing strategies and identify learning goals for the internship. The internship will conclude with a thorough debrief and exit interview with the successful Intern.
Reports to/Mentor: Festival & Events Coordinator
Works with: Executive Director, Donor & Volunteer Resources Coordinator and Veggielicious participating businesses/partners.
This is a 7-week Internship position starting in early April. The successful intern must be able to commit a total of 100 hours of work over the course of 7 weeks (i.e. approximately 15 hours per week).
This position requires some evening and weekend work, such as providing onsite support at special events. There is flexibility around days/times worked.
An honorarium of $1,500 will be provided following a successful 7-week internship.
The deadline for applications is March 31st, 2016, but interviews will begin as early as March 23rd, 2016. The Toronto Vegetarian Association welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants.
Please send a cover letter, resume and any related portfolio examples you wish to include no later than Thursday, March 31st, 2016 to
Alyssa de Hoop
Festival and Events Coordinator
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those invited to an interview will be contacted.