Care of Ashley Sauve
Find more of Ashley’s recipes at The Vegan Chef
Makes 8 cups (16 servings)
- ½ cup dark maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons spirulina powder
- 4 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup whole flax seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F and line 2 cookie trays with parchment paper.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, salt and spirulina.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine oats, flax and sunflower seeds, almonds, and walnuts.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir well until fully coated.
5. Spread mixture evenly over two cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
7. Add cranberries in the last 10 minutes, then remove pans from oven and let cool.
8. Transfer to airtight container and store for up to a week in the cupboard or up to 1 month in the freezer.