Also be sure to click here for our full directory of veg and veg-friendly businesses in York Region.
Places for Shopping
- Bulk Barn: Located at 304 Toronto Street South, Uxbridge or 1070 Hoover Park Drive, Stouffville
- Find handy ingredients like quinoa, flours, dried beans and legumes, hemp, chia and flax seeds, etc.
- Nature’s Emporium: Newmarket. This is a massive, grocery-store size health food store, a great option for groceries and also features buffet-style vegan meals you can take home! TVA members receive a discount on groceries.
- Today’s Natural Solutions: 307 Toronto St. S., Unit #1, Uxbridge, 905-862-3270
Places for Dining with Vegetarian Options
- The Bar Café and Organic Market: thebarcafe.ca Corner of Main and Toronto Streets in Uxbridge
- all local and organic produce, great lunch café with vegan/veg options
- Nature’s Emporium: Newmarket
- In addition to being a massive, grocery-store size health food store, they also have a vegetarian buffet where you can get a large plate of vegan food of your choice for about $10-$12. TVA members receive a discount!
- Thai Villa: 1076 Hoover Park Drive, Stouffville, 905-642-8298
- Specify no fish sauce
- Thai One On: 18 Ringwood Drive, Stouffville, 905-642-8500 On-line menu @ www.thaioneon.ca
- For the month of July, they are offering a 40% discount on all vegetarian menu items! (specify no fish sauce).
- India 360: 18 Ringwood Drive, Unit 6, Stouffville
- There are Two A & W locations in Stouffville serving up the delicious Beyond Meat burger! Make sure to ask for no mayo and no uncle sauce if you are vegan.
Meet other vegetarians!
York Region/North York Vegetarian Group
York Region and North York residents; are you interested in bi-monthly social dinners and potlucks? We welcome new and experienced vegetarians as well as anyone wishing to make a transition to a vegetarian lifestyle. We are inviting all ages to join. Meetings take place at various locations in York Region and North York. If you are interested in attending or learning more please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
York Region Vegetarian Families
We are excited to start a forum for meeting of like-minded families living in York region, to provide York region families with similar interests and philosophies, an environment for playing, talking, meeting, eating, and socializing for children of any age with their parents and caregivers, to foster a healthy and happy attitude about vegetarianism/veganism, animals, the environment and health for children to grow up with.
Families will meet once a month at different venues throughout York Region. Families are encouraged to share ideas about meeting activities and places with us! Please contact Taunya at email@example.com to get added to their mailing list, and for questions or comments.