Minty Fresh Pea and Leek Soup
Care of Ashley Sauve
–CONGRATS TO ASHLEY FOR WINNING BEST GLUTEN-FREE SWEET AT THE 6TH VEGAN BAKE-OFF!–
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ large leek, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 4 cups frozen green peas, or fresh shelled peas
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves, chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic, leeks, bay leaves and thyme and sauté 4-5 minutes.
2. Add water or vegetable broth and bring to boil.
3. Once boiling, add green peas and bring back to boil.
4. Once boiling, remove from heat and discard both bay leaves.
5. Turn off the heat, add the parsley and mint. Using an immersion blender (or a regular blender in batches) blend until consistency is smooth. Drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil, garnish with mint and enjoy!