Project Profile: The Toronto Vegetarian Association (TVA) is seeking proposals for media relations work for the 29th Vegetarian Food Festival in Toronto.
Proposals should incorporate the development of a public relations plan that includes the following activities: media relations; relationship building with key influencers in targeted communities; and cross-promotional activities to support the event’s marketing objectives. You will be responsible for media relations-related work for the weeks leading up to the festival, as well as at the festival itself on the weekend of September 6-8, 2013.
Background: The Toronto Vegetarian Association (TVA) is Toronto’s go-to resource for all things veg. TVA’s flagship project is North America’s largest Vegetarian Food Festival. Attended each year by 40,000 visitors, the Vegetarian Food Festival is the largest event of its kind in North America.
This free three-day event offers an opportunity to enjoy vegetarian cuisine from Little India to Chinatown, get a taste of products from over 120 restaurants and vendors, plus try plenty of free samples. We offer a wide array of internationally acclaimed speakers, special workshops, live music, cooking demonstrations and film screenings.
Project Goals & Objectives: The goal of festival media relations is to create momentum and excitement around the festival to a diverse audience.
Key objectives of the media relations are as follows:
- Successfully market key program elements (presenters, local businesses, sponsors, cookbook authors) for stories in print and broadcast media.
- Post event listings on major local and targeted international special events sites.
- Organize a media drop to targeted press contacts.
The contractor must:
- Work with festival staff to define media goals, including specific targets.
- Coordinate media presence and interviews during the festival.
- Coordinate local media coverage including interviews and broadcast appearances.
- Identify possibilities for speaking engagements and appearances in media by festival speakers and chefs.
- Identify additional public relations opportunities within the designated budget.
- Represent the TVA mission, vision, and values in all branding efforts.
- Provide access to Vegetarian Food Festival content and contact information.
- Provide input and feedback in development of project plan, as required.
Budget: Our maximum budget is $3000.
Timeline for Proposal: The deadline for proposals shall be August 8, 2013.
Proposal Selection Criteria
- Experience with similar projects – 20%
- Project plan – 30%
- References – 20%
- Cost – 30%
- List of target media outlets and plan for pitching story ideas.
- Give examples of how you would target various media outlets and demographics.
- Availability leading up to the event and over the festival weekend.
- Provide examples of projects of similar size and scope you’ve worked on.
- Recommended key messages, primary program elements and evaluation criteria.
- Detailed budget and timeline.
- Brief case histories that illustrate ability and experience in events promotion.
- Provide two (2) client references with permission to contact.
Please send completed proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Luke Albert.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com or call our office at 416-544-9800.