Welcome to the new Toronto Vegetarian Association website!
As you can see, Veg.ca continues to serve as the online home of the Toronto Vegetarian Association and all things veg. But we’ve made some exciting changes!
Why the change? Our first goal with the redesign was to preserve the resources you’ve come to expect: information about nutrition, the latest vegetarian restaurants, Toronto area events, and much more. Next, we wanted to present the resources you need in a more compelling way. We’ve also changed the structure of the site to make it easier for you to find what you need when you need it. Finally, we wanted to do a better job telling TVA’s story and sharing the benefits of membership with Toronto area vegetarians.
With the first phase of our site redesign complete, we are eager to hear what you think. Contact us here to share your feedback.
Here are a some specific improvements that should make your experience with the site more enjoyable:
- New Design – We hope you like the new design and structure of the site.
- Recipes – We’ve scraped through the archives and pulled out all the delicious member-submitted recipes we could find. If you’d like to contribute one of your favourites, please email email@example.com
- Upcoming Events Calendar – We’ve made improvements to our event calendar. It’s as easy as ever to submit your own, and easier to find events in various categories.
And of course, you’ll still be able to find information about:
- Vegetarian Directory – Our directory of vegetarian restaurants, vegan bakeries, health food stores and more remains the most popular feature of this site.
- Toronto Vegetarian News – We continue to provide the latest news about vegetarian events and goings on in the Toronto area. New restaurant openings, recipes, Toronto Vegetarian Podcasts and more can be found here.
- Our Online Resource Centre – Our archives of information about health & nutrition, animal issues, sustainable eating and more can be found here.
We’re also putting the finishing touches on a refreshed 7-Day Veggie Challenge system, which will continue to provide support & encouragement to those who are interested in trying a vegetarian or vegan diet for one week.
But this is still a work in progress. And we need feedback in order to continue these improvements. If you have a concern about the new site, please contact us so we can hear your feedback.
The next phase of this project will see us make further improvements to the site design, and start to expand our catalog of online resources.
If there’s something you’d like to see on the site, please let us know!