Care of Canadian Living Magazine
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped rhubarb, (fresh or thawed)
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (500 mL) strawberries, (fresh or thawed)
1. In a saucepan, cook rhubarb with 1/4 cup (50 mL) water over low heat for about 10 minutes or until juices are released. Stir in sugar. Increase heat to medium; cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender. Let cool.
2. In a food processor, puree rhubarb with strawberries until smooth. Pour into shallow metal pan; freeze for 3 to 4 hours or until almost firm.
3. Break up into chunks and transfer to food processor; puree until smooth. Place in chilled airtight container and freeze for 1 hour or until firm. (Alternatively, freeze in ice-cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.) Store in freezer for up to 1 day.