- Restaurants Serving Special Meals
- Gift Packs & Gift Cards
- Eco-Friendly Gifts
- Bakery Goods
- Savory Goods
The Hogtown Vegan is having a New Year’s Eve Prix Fixe celebration!
- Roasted Butternut Bisque with Sunflower Creme
- Roasted Tur-duck-en
- Maple-braised Brussel Sprouts
- Whipped Potatoes, Baby Carrots
- Mushroom-Wine Reduction
- Classic New York-Style Cheesecake with Fresh Strawberry Reduction
- $30 (plus tax) per person, gluten-free option available.
- Two seatings: 6:30pm and 8:30pm. 416 901 9779 for reservations!
- Also, they will be closed December 24-26th.
- Catering – Our Christmas special menus range from all budgets and “We deliver”. We can also customize menus to suit your requirements.
- Xmas Parties at Bombay Palace – A beautiful venue, mouth watering Indian delicacies and great service is what we have to offer for your parties. We will be more than happy to work with you in organizing this. We can dedicate an entire room or the entire restaurant or a section.
- Gift Certificates – Available for any denomination.
- Special Week long Buffet – Call us to inquire for our special upgraded buffet lunches
- (11:30 am – 2:15 pm) every day from 24th December 2012 – 11:30 am onwards Welcoming 2013 – Monday December 31st, 2012. Gala Dinner Buffet from 6pm onwards
Come ENJOY our Hospitality! X-mas hotline – 647 867 5536/ 416 368 8048”
Fressen will also be hosting a NYE dinner, 4 course prix fix menu at $50 per person. Seating are at 6 and 8:30.
They have announced sadly; “It’s been a wonderful run, but all good things must come to an end. Fressen will be closing it’s doors December 31st. More info TBA.”
Rawlicious is open New Years eve! “Our Yorkville location will be open and taking reservations- regular menu. Our Bloor West location will have a special prix fixe menu (3 courses- $45 per person) which will be by reservation only. Call 416.646.0705 for our Yorkville store and 416.519.7150 for Bloor West.” See the prix fixe menu here.
Swept off your feet at the Vegetarian Food Festival by Apiecalypsenow? Well, get prepared, they now have an online store and special holiday gift baskets for this holiday season. ORDER BY DECEMBER 15TH! Indulge in organic fair trade vegan Marshmallows (one candy-cane flavour; one sea salt & caramel flavour), vegan candy apples made with beet-based red colouring, gluten free macaroon cookie coconut granola with almonds, creamy vegan caramel popcorn and more!
Magic Oven (6 locations) presents “Gift Certificates at a 20% discount! Enjoy Toronto’s award winning organic, healthy and delicious food at 5 Magic Oven Pizza locations. Vegans and those with gluten, dairy, or lactose-free diets will enjoy a large selection of pizzas and pastas, organic beers, wines and desserts. Gift certificates make great gifts! Purchase as many as you’d like. No limit. Gift certificates may be used for eat-in, take-out and delivery with no expiry date. Offer available up to December 17th only. As always, with your Toronto Veg Card, get 10% off your order from Magic Oven – (not valid with gift certificate purchase or use).
Rawlicious has gift baskets that are “stuffed full of raw & vegan treats and kitchen essentials; kale chips, superfood cookies & nutmilk bags to name a few! $50 per basket includes a $10 Rawlicious gift card. Pre-order to avoid disappointment as they are limited in number.”
It’s here! The “Wish Book” for the eco conscious! Grassroots’ (Danforth / Annex) Green Gift Guide is live. Gifts for kids, for him, for her, for the green techie, and yoga, clothing, home decor, stationary ideas too.
Vera Water Solutions and Jus de Vie have partnered up to “Give the Gift of Heath this year.” Save big on a water filtration system to “enjoy healthy, pure water from a filtration system that removes all harmful chemicals, heavy metals, viruses and bacteria, while preserving the essential minerals our bodies require.” Jus de Vie offers a special on “Level 1 Juice Cleanse consists of four juices per day, plus tinctures, over a 2-day period that will help restore your body back to optimal health.”
Urban Herbivore “has a range of holiday cookies (gingerbread, shortbread) as well as holiday gluten-free cupcakes and doughnuts. Gift Certificates for Urban Herbivore can be used at any location.” (Kensington Market, Eaton Centre, and College Street)
We are very sad to hear the news that LPK’s Culinary Groove will be closing their retail doors at the end of this year. (link to dec updates) In addition to serving up some of the best sweets and snacks in the city – they won our Vegan Cupcakes Take Toronto competition at this year’s Veg Food Fest – Lesia and LPK have been proud supporters of TVA for many years. They say all good things come to an end, but until December 31 let’s show our support for LPK by stuffing our faces with their delicious treats! Visit their site for their full like of cakes, tarts, cookies and so much more. Many vegan and gluten-free options and as always local and ethically sourced ingredients.
Kupcakes Bakeshop features a few seasonal items this holiday;
- Chocolate Pecan Turtles
- Gingerbread Cupcakes
- Peppermint Chocolate Cupcake
- Pies: Apple, Pecan, Pumpkin
“All vegan of course and gluten free is available upon request. We are asking customers to place their orders by December 20th. Free delivery for Toronto customers. All the information is available on the homepage of our website.”
Organic Oven’s Gluten-Free Favourites this month are;
- Pumpkin Pie*
- Vegan Apple Pie*
- Vegan Gingerbread Men*
- Vegan Quinoa Cookies*
- Vegan Ginger Snaps*
- Plain Shortbread
- Organic Fruitcake*
- Vegan Cinnamon Bagels*
- Vegan Poppy Seed Bagels*
*No Cane Sugar
“While we work on our fabulous new stores, we are offering deliveries to select areas within Toronto for a small delivery fee. You can also get your favourite treats the following ways.”
Sweet from the Earth has a “4-pack box of cupcakes which can be pre-ordered and picked up at either bakery location for $12. (We request that orders be placed two days ahead, if possible.) Customers can choose combinations of any of our flavours, including our monthly special, which is a chocolate cupcake with a minty ganache topped with a piece of candy cane bark.” Use your Toronto Veg Card for 10% off!
the lovemuffin bakery offers 15% off for the holidays. Orders have to be in by December 12 for delivery on December 15. We are closed from Dec 16, 2012 until January 8 2013.”
Live On Chocolate has special holiday chocolates they are organic, fair trade and vegan as always. “They are available at The Big Carrot, Qi-Herbs and Nutrition, The Beet , The Sweet Potato, Baldwin’s and LPK ‘s (delivery on Thursday for LPK’s). Not all locations have everything – except for The Big Carrot. Also, they have the most stock of all the stores. The Chocolate Gift Box has an assortment of 4 different truffles (2 of the signature Blue-Green Supreme, 1 Spirulina Spiral, 1 Pomegranate Caramel and 1 Mayan Fire – which is an amazing spicy orange chili chocolate!) And the Chocolate Snowmen are hollow.”
The Big Carrot writes: “We have a few vegetarian Christmas specials.
- Tofurky Feast – $19.99 until Dec 31. Tofurky Roast $10.99 until Dec 31. Tofurky Gravy $4.59 until Dec 31. Now everyone has something special to eat during celebrations of all kinds that were formally only the province of the carnivores. With its savory flavor and meat-like texture, Tofurky® sits front and center at any table wherever a vegetarian alternative is called for. Have a bird-free feast, but with all the flavor and trimmings you’ve always enjoyed.
- So Nice and Almond Nog $3.19 until Dec 31. The dairy-free and egg-free way to celebrate the holidays.
- We have gift card that can be used in every department! Friends and family on your gift list must love to eat… especially organic food! Who wouldn’t want to treat themselves to pure body care products that contain no parabens or other nasty ingredients? I’m pretty sure they don’t want to catch the cold or flu this winter, so why not help them strengthen their immune system the natural way? Give them the Gift of Health! They will not only appreciate that you care for them, they will love you forever!
- We have shelves of eco-friendly gifts – Glass and stainless steel water bottles, reusable lunch containers, wooden toys, shower filters, cheese making kits
Ying Ying Organic Gourmet Tofu’s special Stuffed Tofu Roast returns! “Hand-made, delicious, vegetarian, vegan meal. Just Heat and Serve. Ingredients: organic tofu, carrot, onion, celery, portabella mushroom, whole wheat bread, soy oil, parsley, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.” It is available at their St. Lawrence Market location and many places around Toronto such as the Big Carrot, Noah’s, Evergreen abd Ambrosia.
“Create a fresh, flavourful and affordable feast with signature dishes from Whole Foods Market. Our chefs are cooking up wholesome holiday favourites made from the highest quality ingredients – no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives. We have a variety of vegan and vegetarian options, from hors d’oeuvres and appetizers, to side dishes and dinner packages! To order Christmas meals by December 22, visit our in-store Holiday Ordering Table, or order online (www.wholefoodsmarket.com/shop), select your store & follow the easy instructions. Our store are open Christmas Eve 8am-7pm to support all your holiday needs.”
Veggie Paradise is “offering customers a special holiday tradition! For $24.99, Veggie Paradise is providing a mouth watering vegan tofu*ky packed with a stuffing fit for kings: wild rice, walnuts, pears, cranberries and more and is served with a handmade cranberry sauce and gravy. In addition, Veggie Paradise is also providing catering services for parties up to December 21st.” Delights such as Vegan pot pies, Tempura Vegan Shrimp, Kung Pao Chick*n aand more! Visit their website for more information.”
Pinkhart Diner is “gearing up for the holiday season and we are starting to take orders now for your vegan get togethers. Holiday package is $115 for 4 comes with Tofurky, roasted potatos,Veggies, Salad, Gravy, Stuffing Cranberry sauce and Bread Rolls for next day sandwiches! Gluten-Free Available.”
Note: Many restaurants are closed for several days during the holidays. Best to call ahead.
Whether it is Christmas, Solstice, or Kwanzaa – enjoy a vegetarian feast. See our complete holiday page for links to the best recipes, tips on what to serve, gift suggestions and E-card links. Plus, find out how to avoid stress when vegetarians and meat eaters will be at the same meal.