Care of Amy Symington
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 leek (white parts only), diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 small head of cauliflower, greens removed, chopped
- 1 small celeriac root, diced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6 cups water
- 5 cups kale, chopped – you can include stems here too if you’d like
- 1 lemon juiced, seeds removed
- 1 cup unsweetened milk alternative
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
In a large stock pot over medium heat add oil. Once heated add onion, leek, garlic and ginger. Sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Next add cauliflower and celeriac root and sauté for another 3 minutes. Add coriander and cumin and sauté until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add water and stir.
Allow water to come to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes. Next add kale and incorporate until it is fully wilted. Very carefully, either using a blender or hand immersion blender puree the soup completely.
Now add lemon juice, milk, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. Serve and garnish with cilantro (if using).